A Pioneering Collaboration
the clinic program, a pioneering program of collaboration between industry and harvey mudd college that has been a hallmark of this institution for more than 50 years, engages juniors and seniors in the solution of real-world, technical problems for industrial clients. clinic allows students to apply their academic experience in partnership with a corporate sponsor.
students work in teams to complete computer science, engineering, mathematics, physics, or multidisciplinary projects. for many students, these projects serve as their senior capstone experience. the program includes a global clinic option, preparing students for the future challenges of practicing engineering, science and mathematics in a global context.
How it Works
- Sponsors develop a project outline with goals
- Sponsors retain full rights to all intellectual property developed by the team.
- Working with a dedicated liaison from the sponsor, teams are supported by a faculty advisor
- Projects run September through May
- Teams spend 1,200 to 1,500 hours total working toward a solution and deliverables
- Students and faculty advisors routinely sign NDAs