Proud to be a leader
Harvey Mudd College has a distinctive place in American education. College rankings repeatedly recognize our commitment to the intellectual breadth and depth of our unique STEM-based liberal arts education. (For HMC rankings and accolades, see Fast Facts.)
Forbes欧洲杯哪里投注 magazine recently mentioned the College’s diversity initiatives, particularly . This year’s entering class is more than 50 percent women, a remarkable ratio for a STEM school.
as a capstone of the curriculum, the clinic program engages students in solving real-world, technical problems for corporate, government and non-profit clients. seniors in engineering and computer science are required to complete a full year of clinic, and engineering juniors are required to participate in an additional semester. students from math, physics, biology and chemistry also may participate in clinics and every year, students from the other claremont colleges elect to join a team.
- Spring: Contract signed
- Project Scope defined
- September: Launch Day (teams meet)
- Fall: Project refined, progress on results
- Winter: Mid-term reports
- May: Projects Day
Sponsoring a Clinic
- All IP (intellectual property) resulting from the projects belongs to the sponsor.
- Clinic projects run September–May.
- We routinely sign non-disclosure agreements; our Honor Code-bound students understand the significance of these agreements.
- Fees paid by the sponsor cover materials and two team trips to their site.
- Clinic teams consist of 4–5 students.
- Each student commits 10 hours per week (1,200–1,500 hours total for each project team).
- The sponsor liaison is asked to spend no more than two hours per week.
- A faculty adviser acts as a coach/mentor to the team.
- Clinic teams present project results on campus (within the bounds of the NDA)
- Teams present the final work to their sponsor onsite (when possible)
- Sponsors approve all public materials and presentations
- Final written reports are sent to the sponsor upon completion of the project
clinic teams are assembled by the faculty, who take into account academic interests and strengths, as well as personal preferences.
The video below offers insight into the liaison experience from past sponsors.
For more information about sponsoring a project, email email@example.com.